One final note: My 37th birthday was quite nice. I got a surprise phone call from my ladyfriend in Madrid BOTH at midnight (leading into my birthday) as well as one while I was at work. At work, my boss took me out to lunch (Gyros - he's greek) and several people wished me happy birthday at the office.

After work @ 7pm, I invited a coworker (as it is done in Spain) to a nice dinner at The Elevator Brewery & Draught Haus restaurant and brewery here in downtown Columbus. The place is an OLD bar and now is a bar and fine restaurant. What a great (and somewhat pricey - but it was a special occasion) meal too. I had pasta with grilled chicken and shrimp and crepes & coffee afterwords. We didn't leave until 9:30pm.

Went home and opened gifts from my parents and drank a glass of Spanish wine. It was a good day. And, in part, thanks to you all for your well-wishes.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog