If anyone is familiar with Earthlink (or similar U.S. ISP service) they have nationwide access numbers that can be utilized anywhere in the U.S. (even Hawaii) and it's all included in the monthly unlimited usage access fee.

Before I go on any trip (in the U.S. and Canada), I know what town I'm going to, and simply look up on the Internet what telephone number's Earthlink has in that city (like I went to Vancouver B.C. a little over a month ago and had no problems with an access number).

Therefore, when I goto Hawaii, I simply dial a local Hawaii phone number from my Hotel room (or from a family member's house) and I don't get charged any long distance phone fees - I can check email, conduct business, etc all for the $19.95 per month unlimited fee. It's great!

Is there any kind of a company in Spain (or Europe) that is similar, in that if I'm in different cities in Spain for a week traveling, or if I decide to goto Paris for the weekend, etc. that I can phone a local EU number (Paris number) to access the Internet, but am not charged any long distance fees?

While there may not be ab EU service like this, is there at least a Spanish one (so I can use any local access number in any city in Spain)?

Also, irregardless of the above, any opinions on which company in Spain offers the best (largest) 56k dial up service are welcome.

Thank you!

EDR