Toddy:

Sorry for writing so late, I was out of town.

First, as far as I know we have a lower percentage of temporary jobs than most of the developed countries (including USA), besides, part-time work is practically unknown here, what is a nuisance.

Those agreements including subsidies, were negotiated when there was no plan on the table that more partners would join the EC, as we want them to join, but a veto minority may be easily formed, it will have to be negotiated again.

There are very few sectors where professionals need to go to the USA to be able to work, the most known is biologysts (my brother is one).Due to the demands of the students we have too many first class universities on Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, for our small Biochemical market. However, I am a M of Arts in Bussiness Adminstartion working in the Telecomunications industry, and I had the possibility both of getting work and Green Cards with little difficulty, but I didn't obtain much with the change, for life is 2 to 3 times as expensive and I would earn 2 to 3 times more. And I would be out. Not so many people need/want to go (from Spain).

Yes, many of the inmigrants, who come to Spain do the works we don't want to do - same as in any other country - but in soon they have documents - unlike other countries - only by finding a job and suscribimg to the Social Security system, and in 2 years they have a permanent permit , in 4 years if latinos, they can have nationality. Soon, many of them get better jobs or start small bussinesses.

As far as I know, what Brazil and Argentina did was a "reservation", they did not "buy" yet.

My plan for retirement was created about ten years ago, but there was another institution before, that my father was subscribed to, aged more than 20 years (maybe 30), so it is not new here. What I wanted to point out is that the age of population is not a problem for those countries where there are such plans.