justretired:

Wanted to reply to you with complete information but your time is running out so here goes a quick rundown.

* Sevilla
I would definately stay in the Juderia (Santa cruz area).

Las Casa de Juderia is more than your budget but a nice splurge.

Casa de Juderia

However, I stayed at the Alcantara over Semana Santa and it was nice. Excellent location, good price, new and clean. The design is more IKEA type modern but it's a good place.

Hotel Alcantara

* Arcos
El Convento - excellent little place. Our balcony was larger than our room and overlooked the valley. Friendly staff - same owners as restaurant of same name - a must.
No website but email: hotelelconvento@terra.es

*Ronda
Hotel Don Miguel - across from the parador with the same views and half the price. I requested a room with a balcony and view and was literally hanging off the gorge! If I recall the price was about 50 euros including breakfast.

Hotel Don Miguel

Madrid:
I stayed one night at the Hotel Principe 11.
Principe 11
It was in a great location. Clean room but nothing fancy. I'd stay there again.

Another place in Madrid has my curiosity and looks great but I've never stayed there:

En Busca del tempo

* Granada
Stayed at the hotel Anacapri:
Anacapri

It was nice and central. It is pretty quiet at night on the hill where the Alhambra is. I almost booked at the Hotel America and was glad I didn't. I'm not into the wild nightlife scene but it's nice to be able to walk to cafes, etc..

Alhambra hint: if it is possible (time of year) DO make an extra trip and visit at night. Incredible experience and not alot of people know this is possible.

I do alot of research on hotels using hotelsearch.com:

web page

It's not a booking service but has alot of links directly to the hotels and information on them. I've never had a problem booking through the internet using these links.

I don't usually have trouble sleeping at night, but I do bring a travel size sound machine that plays soothing sounds (waves, surf, rain, etc....). If there is any noise outside it's masked by the sound of the machine.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated! laugh