Micaela, welcome to the board!!!!! YES!!! Last spring my ladyfriend and I spent 4 wonderful days, staying in Chelsea, saw "Annie Get Your Gun" on Broadway, and went to Toledo (Spanish restaurant), just across the street from the Empire State Building, to celebrate her birthday (she's from Madrid).

What can I say, but WOW!!! What a fine dining experience we had!! POSH, full of Spanish businessmen, embassy persons (no doubt), and others. We both agreed that we'd NEVER had SUCH and expensive dinner in all our lives ($180 total after tip). I had garlic chicken over rice and she had the lamb I believe. Both had sangria and a number of different delicious tapas to start off and coffee & dessert to finish.

This place was so elegant that I felt VERY out of place in my jeans, tennis shoes, and button down shirt (we'd spent the whole day touring the city and didn't return home first to change).

It was a one-time event and I didn't care less HOW much we spent. It was worth every penny and we were SO happy to be eating Spanish food in such a fine place in NEW YORK CITY(!!), great location, and on my ladyfriend's birthday too.

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. You're killing me with the pulpo talk! YUM!

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 02-06-2001).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog