Thank you Antonio. I feel like a proud papa. hehehe..

I too would like to see more profile information. If not the email address at least the country in which you live. And while this posting of Antonio's is extremely useful, I somehow doubt those who don't do the things Antonio suggests will even see this thread. Many times I'll have to move postings/threads to other forums because they chose the "Hostels & Other Lodgings" forum to post their shopping question simply, it seems, because it was the first forum in the list.

I will go to great efforts and will give lots of latitude because I won't have a strictly policed message board. I want this to be fun for everyone and can't blame those who aren't familiar with the best way to do things. We were all "newbies" once. I remember getting LOTS of help from others before I felt comfortable and confident to do things in the best way.

So, just do the best you can and we as administrators/moderators will do what we can to keep things easy to find and running smoothly.

I'm sure many of us roll our eyes when we see the same question posted over and over from different people (especially when the answer to their question or a like-phrased subject line is nearby) and, at the same time, am sad that this person, perfectly innocent and unknowing, isn't getting a response from anyone for days and days if at all. Let's be patient and politely guide others to "the way".

As some of you have read, I tried to outline these guidelines on the Welcome Page @ http://www.MadridMan.com/bbs.html , but most people never see that and just click on "ENTER". I can't really blame them (as much I'd like to sometimes) as we're all in a hurry to get the info fast. Sometimes we don't see the answer right in front of us. OR, we want everyone to answer OUR question personally and not have to look for the answer in those OTHER postings. In today's 'Net Society we want it FAST and we want YOU to give it to US so we can go on to the next 'net thing.

Don't get us wrong. We LOVE working with the postings, answering questions when we can (or directing towards the answers), and being part of this growing, inspirational message board. This thing is quickly becoming THE BIGGEST part of the entire website and I'm quite proud of that. We all love have "A home on the 'net" where we know other's user-names, can share experiences, and actually make cyber-friends along the way. Isn't this all great? I love it!!

Have fun!!! We love having you here.

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-01-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog