Hi Shawn! That's a great tip! I'm prepared for altitude sickness ("soroche"), but didn't think Dramamin would help. I'll get some today. That's all I need is to be vomiting and feeling light headed the whole time in Cuzco, walking around Plaza de Armas with a big sign on my back that reads, "Pick my pocket, PLEASE!" (I'm wearing a neck bag)

I'm looking forward to seeing the differences between Spain and South America for myself, and the occupation of the country by Spain.

Last night I was reading through a 1995 internet journal of a guy from California who visited Peru and Machu Picchu. It talked about his 2-day altitude sickness in bed (in Cuzco)and mentioned that 5 years earlier a group of archeologists from Barcelona went to the Andes, excavated some new Incan ruins, found LOTS of golden artifacts/figurines, took them back to Spain for further study and never returned then. The guy's journal said, "Funny how history repeats itself."

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog