Antonio, I hearby adopt you as my son. Hahahaa.!! But seriously folks, many people tell ME "Oh, just GO to Spain and get your job" and many people may say, "Oh, just go to the US and get your job." I believe that it is MUCH MUCH easier to do this as someone FROM the US going to Spain than the other way around. Unless you want to pick vegetables, fruits, or do other farm work that pays very little, EVERY business will require you to have a valid work visa AND a social security number. NO reputable business, PARTICULARLY one which works in technologies, will hire ANYONE who does not have the proper paperwork because if caught the business could lose everything; reputation, fines, bad press, and no owner/manager would risk all these things.

I don't think there are many businesses (anymore) which will pay in cash and if they pay you in checks you need a social security number (or valid identification that HAS your SS#) in order to change these checks to cash.

Don't "just come" because you'll be sorry. Maybe the best way would be to find and marry some lovely woman from the US. And then, if you have bad luck, she'd want to live in Spain! Imagine the horror!! (sheesh!) People are getting married left and right and moving to Spain! ARGH!! WHATABOUTME?!!?!??!?!!!

Best of luck, Antonio. And by the way, if you can pretend to be 16 I'll adopt you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog