I've been thinking of going to the US or the UK to work as a computer science engineer and to improve my English.

Having so many people from the US on the board, I guess you can help me with my questions.

About the US:

* How easy is it to get a computer related job there being a computer science engineer?
Nuria told me they don't care if your English is not perfect or if you don't have experience. Is it true?.

* Do I have to get a contract beforehand to get a working visa?. If so, for how long will I be entitled to work there?.

* Where should I go?. (apart from Sillicon Valley which is only for experts).

About the UK:

I went and lived there for 6 months so I think I have some knowledge about what does living in the UK implies.

(By the way, I lived in Norwich, Brighton and Bath).

Having said that:

* How easy is it to get a computer related job there being a computer science engineer?

* Where should I go?. Some people told me there were quite a lot of IT companies in the Bristol area.

Of course, I know I shouldn't go to London. Which are the cheapest areas to live in?

Also, I would like to live in a place where I can take English lessons. Therefore, it should be a city with several schools of English.

----

I think the most important things are salaries and cost of living.

Thank you for your help,

Antonio

PS: I only want to work for 1 or 2 years. I'm sure I will miss Spain to much and I don't want to leave there forever.