Please, please forgive me for taking so long to post about Hostal Adriano. When my daughter and I arrived at the front door (behind the scaffolding and netting) we started having second thoughts. After walking up the four or was it five flights of stairs (?) we REALLY had second thoughts, but once inside our room we were pleasantly surprised. We were in the room that they show on their website. We absolutely loved it and especially the down comforters on the beds. Alberto and Enrique were the kindest and most personable inn-keepers we encountered. The only drawback was that our room faced the street and the bar across the street was pretty rowdy till the wee hours of the morning, but we were always so tired, it really didn't bother us much. We even didn't mind walking up and down the stair--we felt it compensated for all the sangria and tapas we ate all day and night laugh . We really loved Madrid, and hopefully I'll be able to go back some day soon. And when I do, I'll definitely stay at Hostal Adriano.