The new Warner Bros. park may be nice for business, but since I spend a lot of time in Pinto, which is just a couple miles away, I'm afraid I'm going to see a big difference in the community when I get back there. None, I would think, for the better.

I already noticed that the price of motel accomodations in Pinto has more than doubled since the park went in. Even though we stay with friends, I would have a hunch that the cost of everything else has skyrocketed in town. frown

Such is the price of progress, and like was stated in an earlier post, it's what has to happen for jobs, and taxes, no matter where we live.

I am anxious to see if the community itself has changed as well. The only immigrants that I could identify as living in Pinto the last time I was there were the Chinese people who have this fabulous Chinese restaurant in the city center. It was amazing as we talked to them, and with our friends, and there was Chinese, Spanish, and English conversations involved. laugh Fantastic people, and I definitely will stop in to eat there when I get back to visit.

Wolf