Fernando writes:
Quote:
Please, don't make theater with this matter. For a forgeiner it may seem serious, but for any other spaniard talking about spies and courts for posting in this message board is a joke...

I am clearly (and unfortunately ;)) not Spanish and don't live in Spain (again, unfortunately). And this sentiment of sarcasm among some Spaniards with regards to life (politics, religion, others) often eludes me.. I (and MANY from other parts of the world) take these things in a literal sense and for this reason, in part, I/we may at first sense anger, violence, or confrontation when it may only be a form of expression which is foreign to my/our way of expressions.

So, maybe I misunderstood, was mistaken, or didn't "read" the sarcasm of Discomforme's words (in another thread) or that of others. If this is the case, I apologize. frown So you see, I'm learning even MORE about Spanish customs and the culture and this interaction is valuable to me. Thanks to everyone on this message board and to the Spaniards in particular for your enlightenment -- and yes, with all the different opinions too.

Saludos, MadridMan (have a nice weekend, everyone!)

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog