Fernando,

15 to 20% of the basques are for the independence? laugh laugh laugh

It is a joke, no? Come on let us see if you can understand the deep meaning of the world NATIONALIST, for those were the votes winning in the BC. PNV & BATASUNA HAD MORE OF THE HALF OF THE VOTES IN SPITE THAT HALF OF THE POPULATION OF THE BASQUE COUNTRY COMES FROM THE REST OF SPAIN. All the basques voted Nationalist, which is different to regionalist, as much as Nation is different from Region.

Most of these want independence , but the PNV is more prone to condemn violence to acquire it than Batasuna.

Come on! When I was a kid I had to be taught basque in hidden classes, it was forbidden, as Cali said.

quote: 'it is impossible to learn only in castellano (spanish)'

F.A.L.S.E., false. Those of the forum friends who have been to the BC have spoken in Spanish with the old and the young. There are four types of teaching, the one (very few extended because we're in Spain, and need CAstellano) where you learn in Basque and there is a class of Castellano, a mixed one, the one in Castellano with basque classes (the more extended) and the Castellano only type.

quote: 'The language? Which one? The actual euskera is a mix based upon a dialect called "batua".'

I could say the same of spanish and its andalucian, valencian varieties and so on.
Centuries of isolation between valleys, when the means of transpot were animals, had made it split, not having the possibility to
naturally merge for the lenguage was forbidden by Franco, when people could travel more easily.