Boy, you step away for a couple of days and voilá!

Marco: You said "although things are inevitably going to change for purely demographical reasons." Are you insinuating that because of a population demographic shift that "'whites' will no longer be able to discriminate against 'Hispanics'?" Nothing's going to change for me...regardless of who "the man" is. Is this some clever plot that the hispanic man has introduced? Are they having a ton of kids only to later (20 years later) vote out "the man"? Shrewd...I'd better move to Canada to avoid "the brewing conflict". Ja ja jí. :p

Oh, and this gem: "So please, please, no more lessons from the US on that issue". I'm sure you'd like to post your country of origin, but since practically no country is without guilt or a 'history' of intolerance cleverly omitting your residence has afforded you a means to "one-way" bash the US. That's fine, as the entire world seems to enjoy this as a hobby. I suppose when you're in, say, Palestine, Colombia, or some other war-torn corner of the world, or perhaps in an area where you wish you had it as free and easy as we do in the US, it's easier to blame the Monster America for your troubles than work on solving them yourself. Beat me, whip me...when I recover from your lashes, I know I can walk down the street safe, vote my conscience, speak my mind, and get 300 channels of digital-quality television (all that AND get a 64 oz. "Bladder Buster" drink from Circle-K WITH ice for under a dollar!)!!! laugh

Perhaps we would all do well to remember that this is a SPAIN message board, and that we'd all be better served to stick to those topics, eh MM?

I'm sure we could all post a million foolish diatribes (I've put in my share...anyone else care to fess up?), but the fact of the matter is, that everytime this ETA thread opens up, someone compares it to something else, gets misunderstood, someone else comes along and gets their undies in a bunch eek and their precious ego damaged :(, and we all end up spending 100 posts trying to defend our precious opinion. I spent the weekend with 1000 Basques here in SoCal...and not ONE of them mentioned ETA once! I think by them not talking, they were trying to tell me something...perhaps we should all listen.

CaliBasco [Euskalduna bai...eta su?]