Well, as I have written before I don't believe the situation in the Basque Country has any resemblance with the situation in Palestine.

Have you been in the Basque Country Wolf? I have, and I have not seen anything that coarses my freedom there, nor the freedom of the basques who live there. Moreover, I have nationalist friends, and very close family who will laugh if they see such comparison.

Do you think the spanish government bombard the Basque Country three times a week each time ETA commints a murder? Or that ETA uses katyusha missiles to bombard Madrid? If you walk around Vitoria, San Sebastián or Bilbao, or any other city or basque village you will not see any single soldier, and you probably won't see police (no more than in any other spanish city).

The autonomy given to the Basque Country it is not only in paper but in practice. Do you know that the word "Spain" is not found in the books schoolers learn until they are 16 years-old? That the Ertzaintza (autonomic police) has or had orders not to intervene against some kinds of terrorism? Who is governing the autonomic parlament, a national party or a nationalist one? How many ETA or nationalist dirigents has the spanish government killed over the last 30 years? zero?

Finally, would you negotiate with a terrorist who you knows is menacing you to kill people? (for example the terrorist of Oklahoma or any other one). There is only one thing to negotiate with ETA: when and where they leave violence and weapons, perhaps including a certain degree of forgiveness to the jailed terrorists.

BUT, any other topic (self determination, independency, autonomy, federalism,...) may be discused in the apropiate forums: The Basque Parlament and the Spanish Parlament.

That's my point of view.