Marco,

I guess that would mean Germany is not for Germans. They should be merged in with the French, as part of France? How about Wales? Should that be forced into England? Maybe Denmark should be done away with, and merged into a state with Sweden and Norway? If they object, just send in troops, and run it as a military state. I realize you didn't mean it that way, but in reality, that's what happens.

I think you're looking at existing boundaries physically drawn and relating it to what should and shouldn't be, forgetting the past. These lines of what country a person lives in have been drawn up by the victors in wars in most cases. Basque Country is not a part of Spain anymore than Andorra would fall into Spain or France.

Although I agree that violence isn't the best thing to have happen, I also realize that peaceful settlements are rarely reached when someone forces their will on others, and refuses to budge from their point of view.

The simple fact is, few governments listen until people start dying. It's sad that it happens that way, but it does. You need look no further than the history of South Africa to see what was happening there. How about Northern Ireland as another example? Until people are willing to die for what they believe, there aren't going to be negotiations, because world opinion isn't strong enough to get others to review the facts of what is happening. One trip to Israel, and Palestine, would show you that people will fight for what they believe, unto the death.

Wolf