Guys, guys, you're missing the point here, discussing whether the Basques are or not a separate race.
Who cares?
The notion that every race should have its own nation stems from 19th century nationalist ideologies, when modern Basque nationalism was created by Arana et al.
This has all been superseded by the social and cultural realities of many modern countries. Can the States, Britain or France still be considered as home to a single race ? Were they ever ? How many different races gave rise over the centuries to modern Britons or French, Americans and indeed Spaniards? Lots. How many others will do so in the future? Even more. Mono-racial and mono-cultural countries are doomed to disappear. You should know it if you live in California !!!
Finally, CaliBasco, you don't need to ask the few surviving Cherokees about the principles of tolerance and inclusion that supposedly inspired the birth of the USA. Just pop down the street and ask any black or hispanic citizen ! It's a bit rich for you to say that unlike the States, Spain's birth as a nation was based on intolerance. I think both countries have a lot to be ashamed of in that department.
Anyway, the main point I wanted to make is: I don't care whether the Basques are a different race or not (whatever that means); even if it could be scientifically proved (as a Biologist I don't think it can), that would still not entitle them to exist as a separate country and even less, to kill indiscriminately for that purpose.