I was living in Seville during Semana Santa in 1995 and had to find a hostal when my husband was visiting as we could not stay with the woman I was boarding with. I had no trouble finding rooms even a month in advance, but of course, I was living there and I just wandered from hostal to hostal until I found one I liked. We stayed in Hostal Capitol on Calle Zaragoza. It is a five minute walk from ground zero (the cathedral)where all processions must pass. In fact, one procession goes right past the hostal. I have often stayed in hostals. This is not the best, nor the worst I have stayed in. Service was not very friendly although I speak Spanish quite well, the beds were lumpy and the bathrooms a bit rusty. However, it was clean and safe.

Hostal Cairo on calle Reyes Catolicos and the corner of c. Pastor is much nicer but it fills up early. Friends of friends of mine run this hostal and restaurant and I still couldn't get a room because I delayed too long. It sits above their restaurant, also called Cairo. They have excellent food, especially grilled shrimp and mixed fried fish platter pescaito frito (very typical of Andalucia, not a New England or British kind of thing) El Cairo restaurant

Try this list for all hotels in Seville. I can't vouche for it being up to date as I don't know how much time the webmaster (an acquaintance) has to maintain the site anymore.

Turista Virtual de Sevilla (Spanish only)

Donna