Hi all!
I've been reading this forum for about two days digging for information regarding Madrid. I will stay there between 4 and 13 November, I don't know where yet. I think this kind of communication is amazing, especially the MadridMan general invitiation to his party.
Happy Birthday, MadridMan. I regret that I couldn't come to your party, unfortunately I will be in Madrid one month after it.
Anyway, in 1998 I travelled in France (Paris and Toulon) for my holiday and, although I stayed at a friend's of my husband's grandmother I couldn't make any friends, I couldn't even have some conversations with the people. And her nephew with some of his friends were guests there too. Well, on short I found the French people very cold and self centered, proud in a negative way (I don't know the word for it, sorry) and so I greatly missed my friends from home.

Do you think we can made some new friends in such a short time? Maybe if we are staying at a hostal or so? Are the Spanish warm and sociable? or depends on my luck?

I read so many beautiful things about this country and people that I cannot wait to visit Madrid!

Thanks all of you!

I would definitely keep in mind a description of the things I will see post it here.