I'm back too...to tie in with your comment on the positive experiences we post on this board and the danger that it may mislead someone. We've ALL had bad shopping experience...probably in various countries, including our own. I think it's pretty amazing, actually, that so many people find clothes and shoes that they like and that fit when they go to another country, because I have a rough time doing it here! There are some stores I won't shop in because I know all their clothes are sized for girls without "child bearing hips." There are only two stores in town where I have any chance at all of finding shoes that fit...and one of them sometimes fits me in men's shoes! It's rough going somewhere new and magically stumbling upon THE store that can fit you. I know that when on a trip to a place we really get to like, we want to take all of it home...including the clothing. Unfortunately, that clothing may not look at all good on us (not all styles and colors flatter everyone!) and it just may not work out.

I also agree with Wolf in that sometimes you have to fight fire with fire!