Hi there-

I can relate to your frustration. Although I am now a size 8 and can normally find clothes there, I still at times feel like a big girl when trying things on in Spain! When I studied there I was somewhere around a size 12 or 14, no skinny mini but not obese either, and I basically gave up trying to find anything decent to purchase, since nothing ever fit me!! (I was never told not to try anything on, but when I did, most of the time they didn't fit!)

I wouldn't take how they talked to you personally, though. This is one of the BIG cultural differences between Spain/Europe and the US. I'm not sure how familiar you are, if this was your 1st or 101st trip there, but if you didn't notice, the Spanish don't tend to sugar coat things. They don't mean or even think they're being rude, and aren't considered rude there, they're just stating a fact as they see it. "Is your sister fat too?" (implying that YOU are!), "Oh he's so ugly!". We're more used to the sugar coated "She's got a pretty face." or "He's unique looking." I think it's just one more difference in our cultures and viewpoints.

GG (Who is still getting over the pair of Spanish shoes that actually fit her but she didn't buy in 1988!) rolleyes