I don't know where you can buy a mantón in Andalucía, but if you go a little farther north, you can buy a beautiful one for a fraction of El Corte Inglés 's price in the small town of Lagartera, which is completely dedicated to embroidery. I bought 2 there in 1992 - one for me, a large, black, exquisitely embroidered mantón for 10000 pts, and another adorable little one for my young daughter for an unbelievable 3500 pts. Mantónes similar to mine were selling at the time for about 30000 pts in the Corte Inglés. Of course, they are not made of silk (neither were the ones in el C. I. - the silk ones are even more expensive), but you can't tell without close inspection. They are all hand-embroidered in the town (THE place to buy embroidered tablecloths, too). Lagartera is about 38 km west of Talavera de la Reina along the A-5 highway, just past Oropesa. The lady I bought them from told me she had recently sold several white ones for a wedding, and they were the talk of the town. I took a look at the website you mentioned, and my mantón looks like the black one filled with many multicolored flowers, but I think mine is even prettier!
Good luck!

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]