I have come down to the Costa del Sol to spend my 4-week summer holiday as usual. Normally during this time I would take some classes at the Bonanova Language School in Fuengirola, but this year they had no classes at an appropriate level. Bonanova
Instead I elected to study at Colegio Maravillas in Benamadena. I opted for a 2-week intensive course (20 hours per week), at a cost of 310 Euros. They offer complete packages including accommodation with Spanish families.
This journal will track my progress there.
First impressions
The upfront administration is good. You can register on-line and they will respond in English. Very efficient. I arrived in Malaga on Wed 29th June and went along to the Benalmadena the next day to find out where the school was. From Fuengirola to Benalmadena is a 13 minute train journey on the Cercanias line between Fuengirola and Malaga - the return trip costs 1.5 Euros.
The following day I had arranged to go and pay my money and sit the written test for placement. They were ready for me and everything went smoothly. I had to turn up at 9.00 am on the following Monday for an oral assessment, before being placed in class.
I will let you know how day 1 progressed in my next entry.
Robbieroy