I am currently a junior studying spanish, and speech pathology at the university level. I'm starting to get ready to apply to graduate school this coming fall, and have found that I am all of a sudden completely confused about what I want to do rolleyes .

Up until now, that plan had been, that I would go to graduate school, in a 2 year program, studying Bilingual speech-language pathology. But this year some other ideas have been floating around in my head about doing a graduate degree in spanish, and eventually a phd (I'd want to teach at the University level). I have no idea which option I will choose or where I will be come fall 2005, but right now I'm just trying to learn more about both, and I'm hoping somebody out there has experiene or knows something more about this. So I guess my question is about advanced degrees in Spanish (I'd ask about the bilingual speech pathology but I already know soooo much about that option, and I kinda doubt anybody out there is in this field...but if so, boy would I like to hear from you!!!!)

So about Spanish:

Graduate degrees:
- Is it even common for a non-native speaker to be accepted into one of these programs?? Maybe this seems like a silly question, but at my university I would say maybe only about 2 of the 30 graduate students is from the US, the rest are from various spanish speaking countries. Why is this???
-Is a masters degree from abroad valued equally to one from the states, know of any good programs abroad?

PhDs:
-How long can I expect this to take, and is it best done abroad, or in the states? I cant decided if I really want to commit to be at a university for this many more years...yikes!!

Ok, so sorry that got so long...Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anybody know anything useful on the topic!!
Thanks everybody!!
Kelly smile