First off since this is my first post here, hi everyone! This is a great board, I've learned a lot already just by reading a lot of the threads.

I am strongly considering moving to Spain soon (by March or April possibly) and am wondering where the best place would be to live/work for someone of my trade? I am in the IT field as a UNIX system administrator and would like to, well eventually, do the same or something similar once over in Spain. I did a couple job searches and it seems like 90% or so of these IT type jobs are in Madrid. However, this was not originally my first choice of places to live. I was originally thinking more along the lines of Valencia or Barcelona, something along the eastern coastline. But it does not seem practical in the slightest to live in one of those two cities and work in Madrid. What are the odds of getting an IT field position in a city other than Madrid? Obviously they exist, just in fewer quantities. I just wonder if the demand is not high enough outside of Madrid I might have trouble gaining employment being a non Spain citizen and also non EU citizen. Can anyone shed some insight on this?

Thanks in advance!

-Loc