I know we all believe in free speech and the open exchange of information but I find it disturbing the number of people who ask on this message board for ways to get around Spain and Europe's immigration and work rules and regulations. I have read numerous posts asking if it's ok to buy one way tickets, ok to work without a visa, ok to overstay a visa etc ad finitum...In a word NO...it is not ok and attempting to flout the laws of this or any other country can lead to your deportation and you can be banned from re-entering for a loooong time (up to 10 years).
I am an English citizen and therefore am entitled to live and work here, as an American you are not entitled to do anything except enjoy your vacation spend your money and then leave. I am also an American citizen and got my Green Card and eventually my Citizenship after many many years of effort and great expense. If the laws enforced by the INS to immigrants and tourists entering the USA were applied here none of you would get in... think about it...Madrid Man I would think it may be in your own interest to put a disclaimer notice at the head of this forum stating your non-condoning of any information posted here that aids in people breaking the laws of a country and society you claim to love, or just change the title of the forum to "How To Enter and Work Illegaly In Spain".
In the end people coming here and trying to bypass the laws just makes it harder for everyone else to do it the right way.
Just my 2 cents from Europe (now available in 25 flavors).
Monito