HOLA a TODOS,

this is my first time writing, but I've enjoyed reading what everyone has contributed! I have a question, I am moving to spain in september as part of an exchange for grad school. I have an awesome set up, I'll be teaching English at a university and getting paid. it's nothing like my stipend here, but having lived in spain twice in the past, I know that I will be living well. I will be there during the entire academic year.

Here's the deal though...I will finish my master's degree after the year is over and want to stay in Spain. My concern is that it's not so easy to get job offer if you don't already have a work visa, since the process is so complex. I was reading other people's postings about the job search, but it seems that most of those people were all married, so they already had permission to work. Does anyone know how conceiveable it is to get a job if you're needing a work visa for the first time and are NOT married to a spaniard? (nor willing to marry solo for the purpose of obtaining a visa- if I'm lucky I'll find my soulmate but my idea of a soulmate is not a greencard). I unfortunately only have computer skills 'al nivel usuario' and no programming experience (it seems like there are a lot of those positions out there) although I've got lots of office experience. I speak English natively, Spanish fluently, and have a high level of italian both written and spoken, intermediate portuguse, and have experience teaching spanish and english at the college level. TELL ME MY EDUCATION WILL GET ME SOMEWHERE IN ESPAñA! rolleyes

muchas gracias!