Hi El Boqueron! Hahhaa.. I'm honored that you would start a thread on this topic. Thanks! (I think. )

Hey, I LOVE that Ketama song! It's one of my favorites from the Konfusion compilation CD! I recognized it immediately.

BUT NOW THAT YOU'VE BROUGHT IT UP.... As I said, the job that's on the table now is for a webdesigner, it's on the Costa del Sol (BUT NOT in the city of Málaga, but in the Málaga province) in a town where public transportation would necessitate buying a car (probably) and this could possibly be about 1/3 to 1/2 of one year's salary! OUCH!

I would have to rent a smallish apartment and most likely furnish it with new/used stuff as well as applicances (probably). This might well take another 1/3 of a year's salary.

The flight alone would likely cost about one month's salary. So what's left after all these move-over-there expenses??

And if it doesn't work out (maybe they think I'm just plain stupid about these things compared to what they expect!) I'll have to return to the US after having given up my VERY secure and fair-paying job that I have now.

I'm not too concerned about leaving friends behind, but leaving the parents/family would be a bit more difficult.

During my October trip to Madrid I hope to make/create/find/beg more "connections" that will help me find something there, IN MADRID.

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! ALL THOSE IN MADRID WHO HAVE WEB-RELATED COMPANIES!! HIRE MADRIDMAN! YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!!

If I could find work in Madrid at least I wouldn't need a car as the public transportation there is great!! I also wouldn't have to pay for accommodations as I could stay with friends for as long as I want (can you say, "Kato Kailen"?? AAAHH! The guest that would never leave!!).

Feel free to throw in your two cents. Plus, this kind of brainstorming could help us all realize the difficulties in moving to a foreign country with hopes & dreams to work/live there.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog