Fernando,

I think you are right... Your analysis, as usual, is very good. And I must say, even though it's been said before, your English skills are outstanding!

I had a chance to speak to a buddy in Ciudad Real about the situation, and I think you are right. The bombs were essentially placed in what amounts to isolated and unfrequented 'bathrooms.' But I still find the sophistication of the exposive devices, which were used to detonate 'firecrackers' ( petardos), to be of interest. Those same detonators can be used to set off 2000 grams, as well as 20 grams, of explosive. ( let's hope it's not 'ecco goma 2')

Seems like the moral of the story is that the people of Spain should really be ( and are) annoyed and fed up with this from the ETA. Not only have the ETA killed many over the years, but they have been known to negotiate who they will and who they will not menace; including a negotiation to not mess with Catalunia.

So now the ETA decide to 'afront' Spain on the day of their constitution's enactment. That's like an attack on the 4th of July for us.

Anyway, there's more to come. I just wish that Zapatero, albeit half-smirking as usual, would simply let his best intel and special forces people loose on the ETA, no holds bared! mad

I love how the media here made it sound like another 11M. It sort of irks me, but I should know better than to put much stock into the hype that is the media! rolleyes

I'm *VERY* happy that nobody died in the 'attacks.'

andrew

[my edit]
ps> thanks for the great link, Puna!