I said "civilians for short", but, since you use the smallest indefinition to try to rebate me, I'll be more explicit:

ETA doesn't try to kill those NOT INCLUDED in these groups:

- Policemen
- Profesional officers or sub-officers of the Spanish Army or NAvy.
- Politicians who oppose Basque Country independence.
- Reporters or owners of newspapers who oppose Basque Country independence.
- Businessmen who don't pay the "Revolutionary Tax".

This are the main ETA targets, and those not automatically in, because they are soldiers or politicians know they are targets because they have usually been warned by ETA.

This leaves about a 98 or 99% of the spanish population as "non-target" of ETA, and the few (percentually) that have been injured or killed have been so by accidental explosion of a bomb at a wrong time, or as a collateral damage of a bombing of a military van or sth like that.

What I mean is that, if ETA had wanted to kill civilians not involved, we wouldn't be speaking of 800 but of 80.000. But their bases (their supporters) would no longer support them with massive indiscriminated innocent bombings, that's why they don't.

No doubt that dictatorial systems have more facilities for public order through the thorough elimination of all rights of privacy and liberty rights, like PP franquoist did, but it won't solve the problem and also restricted our legal situation to Burundi or Congo level. NO guarantees of democracy or Justice.