Do you think that pulling out will ensure safety? How about the Basque Separatists? Should you just give them what they want so that they will stop attacking? I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but you can't negotiate with terrorists. You can either A) Fight them on your home soil or B) Take the war to them. I will, as a former soldier, always choose B. I was trained to fight, my countrymen and yours, unless they were in the military, were not. Civilians aren't equipped to handle what the military is/was trained to do. You guys would have to close all doors, suspend all trade with the US and other members of the coalition, and become an isolationist country to stop them from attacking. Then, you could buy some time, but only a little. Like I said, we weren't in WWII, but were attacked because we supported England and cut oil to the Imperialist Japan. Should we have boosted up the oil shipments to Japan just so they could plunder the Pacific and her islands and nations? Sometimes you have to take a stance.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?