Latest casualty figures are 192 dead and 1427 injured. The police will not be releasing a list of those killed in this morning's attacks pending identification and notification of next of kin. I have heard that about 80 of the victims have been identified through their DNI or resident cards. News stations are reporting that there are about 70 doctors working at the temporary morgue at IFEMA to identify remains. Families are being allowed to identify remains when there has been a match with documentation. They have done a good job of keeping the area private and providing counseling and support for the families.

For anyone worried about U.S. citizens in Spain, so far there has been no confirmation of any deaths and information of four U.S. citizens who were injured in the attacks, but were treated and released from the Spanish hospitals. The Spanish reaction to the attacks has been quite impressive. Rescue workers were on the scene very quickly and the transportation of the injured to the hospitals given the number of casualties was very efficient. The last arrivals were around 2:30pm. The hospitals have had an abundance of volunteers and registration of the the injured being seen actually helped get the preliminary list of on to the Interior Ministry's website by late afternoon.

FYI, my family an I are all fine.