Miche, Booklady,

http://humferier.free.fr/sad/drink1.gif

I toast both of you.

Some people just don't realize the positive impact that immigration ends up having on society. Even after Booklady posted the link, and information about the growth in world population, they didn't bother to understand.

I for one believe strongly in the motto on the statue of liberty. For your families, and my own, there would be no life here had immigration been done away with.

One of the most joyous holidays we have had was in northwestern Wisconsin when we were able to host a family of Cuban immigrants for Thanksgiving many years ago, not long after they had arrived. We thought we understood what it meant, but when the words came from them, and the tears in their eyes knowing they were free from Castro's grip meant more than it could to anyone who has been born here, and takes what we have for granted.

What made the event even more memorable, and important, is how they felt so strongly about their future, even though they were battling to learn English, and had nothing as possessions.

To anyone who takes what we have for granted, I suggest they try doing something like this. It's a real eye opener. I'll treasure the memory until the day I die.

Wolf (I just had to use your gremlin Bookie. Hope you don't mind.)