1) They have raised our birth rate, and our population from 39 millions to 40,2 millions.

Those are wrong statistics. Just in Madrid immigrants represent the 11% (this appeared in the newspaper last year), which makes 600.000 people. Immigrants in Spain are more than 3 million. Most of them are from 20 years old until 40 so they are in the age of procreate. If We discount the 18 million of Spaniards that are older than 40 years old (ie, the ones that won´t have a child any more), then We have that there are 3 million immigrants against 8 million of Spaniards in age to have sons. Considering the fact that the immigrants have a much higher quantity of sons, then in a few years (10 or 15) you will see that in many places of Spain immigrants outnumber Spaniards. In the biggers hospitals of Madrid the natality of immigrants (mainly from southamerican amerindians) is the 50% of the total births. Do you want this for our country??. Do you want that when you are older most of the people you find in the streets are northafricans and southamericans??. Did you know that Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerken are going to be muslim by 2015?. Did you know that if the current demographics continue Denmark is going to be a muslim country by 2040??. What I have just said is for real, so take your own conclussions...

2) They have provided Spain with a necessary hand work in key areas.

Considering the fact that 5 years ago there weren´t almost any immigrant and that the touristic industry and agricultural industry was working perfectly well with just Spaniards, I wonder why is it that in just 5 years the immigrants are so necessary and why We couldn´t live without their hand work now??. Maybe it is because many immigrants have replaced many Spaniards from doing these types of work and they accept to be paid a missery for doing those works. That is the reason why more and more immigrants will be comming, because they accept less salaries than Spaniards for the same work. Conclussions: cheap hand work, worst work conditions, less ethnic Spaniards working in those areas and more and more immigrants coming each year.

3) They have brought fresh air to a quite closed culture.

???.

I won´t comment this because I could be very demolishing with my arguments.

4) They will guarantee the future of our social system.

I think you will have to start thinking for yourself and not believing so much in the media. 90% of the immigrants are of very low income. Thus the only tax they pay is social security (they hardly pay the IRPF -the most important tax in Spain- because their incomes are less than 9000 euros a year in many cases. After each immigrant working with a very low income there are probably 3 sons that go to free schools, free hospitals, free subsidies, ... So for apporting very little they get a lot (just a public place in a public school cost 2000 euros a year for the public system. Multiply it for 3 sons in each family, you have that someone that apports let´s say 60 euros a month in social security costs to the public system 2000*3=6000 euros a year just in public schools). So the problem is not that they are going to guarantee our social system, the question is that they are going to ruin at the same time other aspects of our social system (We will see it in 15 or 20 years). I´ve recently seen that the "gastos" in medicaments have risen a lot in the last 3 years. This is because 3 million of new people have come to Spain, and even if they are illegal in our country they can go to hospitals for free and they get free medicaments, ...This is just the begining. We are "regalando" our country to the immigrants. You will see it in 20 or 30 years.

BTW, another news from today´s online newspapers:

"5 colombians hitting each others in the streets in Madrid". They had to go to the hospital.
"6 ecuatorians hitting each others in another streets in Madrid".They had to go to the hospital. They were drunk.

You can read it here:

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2003/04/18/madrid/1050653736.html