Gypsies are a very special ethnic group (as I have posted before). Their culture is as it is, they (generally) don't want to work, nor to live in a house or pay taxes.

There are obviously exceptions, but they are a minority. I have nothing against them, but I could write more than twenty anechdotes in my life that would ilustrate how they are (in general I know!). Just to put an example: I had near my home a "poblado de chabolas" (which means houses made of light materials in an ilegal soil). The council built some good buildings nearby, giving free flats to every gypsie family and then bulldozing their illegal, dangerous (easily burnt), and unhealthy "chabolas". After a year all the gypsies had sold their flats (after taking the pumps, the wires, switches, W.C.s,... and selling them) and build nearby again new "chabolas"...

When a cultural group has been in a country for centuries and still has not integrated itself, and when this same problem happens in dozens of countries at the same time, then it is not racism, nor blame on those countries, but on the cultural group itself.

Yes, I know that speaking against a marginalized ethnic minority is very politically incorrect under an american perspective, but I can assure you that I am not a racist.

In Spain we have polish (and other eastern europeans), moroccians, central-africans, and southamericans. All these groups are integrated into our society in some degree. Most of them have already their children in the schools, work normally (for example picking up vegetables or fruits) and are rarely subject of racism. These people have arrived to Spain in the last 5-10 years. Gypsies have been here for centuries...

Fernando