Hi all,

I've been reading the postings here about getting robbed by pickpockets and had a few questions:

1. What do you think about putting money in the front pocket of my jeans and using a safety pin to close the opening of the pocket? Will this be safe enough? Or is it better to put money in my shoes?

2. For those of you Spaniards, what are the laws in Madrid concerning the carrying of knives (small knives, swiss army knives, single bladed knives, etc.)? If I'm carrying a knife to protect myself and show the knife in public, can I get into trouble with the policias?

3. What are the laws concerning self defence? Suppose you are being robbed by a pickpocket and you act in self defence, maybe by grabbing and choking the thief, can you get into trouble with the police?

4. If I'm looking for a fight one night (don't we all, at one point or another?) what section of the city contains the most pickpockets?

I know this question sounds stupid but I can't do this sort of thing in Los Angeles as I could end up losing my life. But in Madrid....

I noticed in an earlier post that someone said that the Moroccans tend to fight back....I'd like to meet a few of these punters and show them how to rob someone properly...

I think it's perfectly acceptable for honest citizens to fight back against petty street criminals.....

Many thanks

Vincent

:p

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]