I leave for Madrid in less than two weeks....VERY EXCITED!! This will be my first, of what I hope will be many, visits. laugh

My question has to do with cell phones. My cell phone here in the States will not support telephone calls made from Europe. I would need to either purchase a different cell phone, which includes adding a higher package deal to my current service, or just renting a cell phone in Madrid. I would then purchase a calling card here in the States to go along with the rented telephone from Madrid.

Is it better to rent a cell phone in Madrid for the two months I will be there, or should I just take care of it here in the States?

How difficult is it for a person who speaks elementary level Spanish to handle such a transaction?!

And finally...How much is the monthly cost to rent a cell phone in Madrid? Are there additional costs?

I think that possibly my brain is drained as a result of all the preparations and planning these past several months. I apologize if this is a repetitive question for the experts, and thank you ahead of time for your help!

Dana smile