i am very, very unsure about what type of camera to buy or pack due to the high amounts of pick-pocketing, mugging and robbery in spain.

as of right now, i have no camera (funny-it was stolen a year ago here), and i need one for my travels. my friends here have been trying to convince me to go digital and buy many extra memory sticks, but i've heard that when transfering my memory onto computers in spain, the systems probably won't be compatible-so i'd have to buy some special conecting wires. but carrying a digital around will totally label me as a rich north american,and i'm afraid i'll become more of a likely target.

as for just buying a 35mm, it's just the film that will be expensive. i've also heard that rolls of film and development of photos are very pricey in spain.and with all the new high-powered x-ray machines in the international airports, i'd be leery about taking undevelopped film through them, or putting it in my suitcase.

finally, i've thought about disposable cameras. that way if they get stolen, all i will lose are the recent photos, and not an expensive camera. but, since i'm backpacking, they will be a pain to cart around (unless i can open them up and take out the film myself- but then we get to the film-developping-problem again). and i have no idea how expensive disposable cameras are to buy in spain- i imagine alot.

please!!! i need some advice!!! confused