This message board is awesome, all you guys are extremely helpful and friendly, and I've got some questions on this whole clothing topic.
I'm planning on taking a "tour of europe" next summer, and in my excitement I've been trying to prepare one year in adavance! laugh The thing is, I'm going to do the whole "budget travel" thing (only one backpack,staying in youth hostels as much as possible, etc). I'll be starting in spain in June, then visiting france, italy, and greece until august. From reading your posts, I've gathered the following info (tell me if i'm wrong, here!):
1)tank tops over bigger-strapped muscle shirts are okay
2)shorts (which I was planning to wear) are okay if planning to look like tourist, which I am not.
my confusion stems from the fact that since i will be doing a great deal of walking i will more than likely want to take some sort of walking/hiking shoe, yes? well, this lack of foot apparrel options is frustrating. what type of sundress will possibly match with these kinds of shoes? i will not be taking more than two pairs of jeans (i've read jeans are unadvisable to budget travels on account of their slow-drying-ness") so what is a good alternative to shorts? what can i wear that will look good, be comfortable, and not stick out like a sore thumb?