Gazpacho wrote:
Quote:
Again, best of luck my friend, and I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Just being with friends like you will make it a very special day.
Thanks, buddy. Have a wonderfully, typically cold Thanksgiving Day there in the great Midwest United States. I'll be thinking of you sitting around the TV watching the annual Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions football games. (insert heavy, nostalgic sigh here)

CascadaDuSel wrote:

Quote:
And for heavens sake dont use flaked potato .. please!! All you need to do to make mashed potatoes is to peel then boil the potatoes and then mash with butter, salt and splash of milk .. no measuring cup required ..:-)
ARGH! This would add an hour (not to mention LOTS of "elbow grease" <- the Spaniards are thinking over this term right now, I'm sure of it laugh ) to my overall cooking time! But maybe you're right. rolleyes But isn't flaked potato just dried potato ..... but in friggin' flakes???!!

madridmadridmadrid wrote:

Quote:
You can buy evaporated milk in most grocery stores. It's called leche evaporada and the usual brand is "Ideal."
Thanks!! thumbsup

I just love Thanksgiving Day and will miss my Ohio-based family. It's always been my favorite holiday, getting together with those *we* usually only see once a year, catch up, eat great home-cooked food, watch football, and talk some more. Thanksgiving Day, like for many people on many holidays, I get a bit melancholy thinking and missing long-past grandparents, how it feels to see the light in their eyes when they see you, visions of Grandma cooking all morning. They are deeply missed, but never, ever forgotten. Ahh yes.... I'm getting choked up just writing this. (really, I am)

Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving Day holiday, all you United Statesens.

I'll keep updating this thread as the days draw near - and, of course, the aftermath, trip(s!) to Urgencias laugh , clean-up horror show. Some of you will be "tuning-out" for the latter-half of the week so let me say now, THANKS VERY MUCH to everyone for their input and assistance. You're the best.

Have Measuring Cup Will Travel, MadridMan wave

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog