Today I visited Café Panini and O'Neills to ask about their Thanksgiving Day turkey feast.

Café Panini
I visited at about 1pm today. They told me that while they're serving Thankgiving Turkey meal all day long, they are only doing so in "shifts" and that reservations are required. As of the time I visited, they ONLY had space available for the 5:30pm shift and ONE SPACE LEFT for the 10pm shift. The 8:30pm shift and all earlier afternoon shifts were already full. The problem is at 5:30pm most all (or all) of my Spanish friends whom would accompany me are still working - and 10pm is too late for most all of them too. They have a tiny dining room with only about 6 tables so this, I suppose, is the reason why they're filling up quickly.

O'Neills Irish Pub
I'm waiting on a call-back from the owner but from the information I got today when I visited at 1:30pm, their downstairs dining area - where they're serving the turkey lunch - is already full with ONE GROUP OF SEVENTY PERSONS!!! eek Maybe this is the U.S. Embassy Group????? They said THEY MIGHT be able to fit 8 more persons, our group, into the existing group but it's not certain. Also, it seems they're only serving the turkey meal at some given time - which they didn't know. Hopefully the owner will call me back but I'm not very optimistic. People don't usually call you back if the answer is "NO", only if the answer is "YES". rolleyes

So it looks like we're stuck. OR will have to bite-the-bullet and go for the VERY expensive La Gamella Thanksgiving menu at €37.50 - and I don't even know (yet) if they have space available. But I think that's too expensive.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog