The Hard Rock Café is out for me. I absolutely loathe that place and I've been there 3 times. :p As you say, not only do you sometimes have to wait 30-60 minutes for a table but once you're in you can't even HOPE to speak to anyone for the loud, LOUD, LOUD music!!! (did'ja hear that? wink ) On the plus side, they do have good food.

Not sure about the other places you list, steve robinson, but I haven't read anything yet either.

I'd have contacted my own US Embassy but my contact there was recently re-assigned to Washington D.C.

While it IS a big celebration, there are relatively so few United Statesens in Madrid that it probably wouldn't be worth the while of the restaurant - although it might be quite the novelty to Spaniards if provided/promoted as such.

On the other hand, most Spaniards hate American food so that might not go over well anyway.

Although seriously doubtful, maybe in the end I'll return for a Swiss Thanksgiving to celebrate the holiday with my sister. Nah. I'll stay in Madrid - and go to, ugh..., O'Neills for the local turkey dinner. rolleyes But if they show AMERICAN football during the meal that'd certainly be a plus. laugh

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog