Hello Zippy! (cute name!)

I'm not familiar with Hostal Barbieri and didn't find it on MadridMan's Madrid Hostels page either. Do they have a website? If so, could you give us/me the URL please? Thanks.

Other than Hostal Barbieri and Hostal Pinariega, I think all the others have been discussed/critiqued already on the message board. But if any newer members have stayed at these places, PLEASE give your feedback about them here.

I suggest using the SEARCH link above/right and typing the name of the hostel (not the word "HOSTAL" itself, but the family name) to find those previous postings. I know a lot has been said about Villar and Oporto already and a few about the others too.

I visited Hostal Mirentxu myself in October 2000 -- it was just a visit as I didn't spend the night there -- and found it VERY nice! That is to say, NICE for a hostel. The owners are from Galicia and can be a bit difficult to understand if you speak some Spanish. But the place was nice, clean, and I remember there being a lot of light that afternoon. Great location too, just east of the Puerta del Sol.

I also visited Hostal Oporto on the same day and found it similar to Mirentxu in that it was very clean, basic rooms, nice manager, and right next to Mirentxu.

Again, if anyone else has feedback about any of these I invite you to speak up now! (if you haven't in the past, that is)

Zippy, are you spending the entire 3 weeks in Madrid?? If not, why not also ask about lodging in your other locations? Remember, as the title states above, this is "MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board" (NOT just Madrid) and many cities and lodgings of all of Spain have been discussed here. We have a WONDERFULLY knowledgeable group here about ALL of Spain so ask away (in the appropriate forums, of course wink )

Have a GREAT trip! Saludos, MadridMan

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog