The bus company Portillo are running special buses through the night to Torremolinos etc and the Malaga local bus company is laying on about 80 buses daily to and from the city to the fairground, which is on the ring road near the Cartama road. These will run between 9pm and 6am the next morning.

If it was me, Scottish girl, I would certainly take in the feria del dia in the centre, as well as just going to the fairground site on a nightime, because I think that is where you have the most fun.

I'm not sure what time the thing kicks off on Saturday, but you can keep an eye on what's going on by looking for information on a daily basis in the www.diariosur.es

I remember learning to dance sevillanas in the first year I came here back in 1986. There were three or four of us lads who went with our wives and girlfriends (that should read "or" as opposed to "and" I suppose!). We walked into the hall where the first lesson was to take place and it was like walking into a wild west saloon! I know, cos I've seen the scene on TV in a B movie
eek Doh! I knew I shouldn't have said that!! It all went quiet as twenty gorgeous Spanish girls opened their mouths and stared at not only guiris, or foreigners, entering, but some MALE ONES TOO!!

Anyway, we got stuck in and thoroughly enjoyed it, although it was harder than football training, we were shattered!! After a few lessons we were accepted and towards the end of the course, one or two Spanish novios and maridos even came along, as their girls had obviously shamed them into learning the steps, because "if the foreigners bother to learn, then so should you Jose!!" laugh