CaliBasco,

I was a Lakers fan way back in the days that they were in Minneapolis. They had players like George Mikan, Whitey Skoog, Clyde Lovellete, and Slater Martin. In fact, I remained a Lakers fan until long after they moved West, until the Milwaukee Bucks came into the league.

That means I enjoyed the Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, and Gail Goodrich era as well. (Please note I have carefully left out Lew Alcindor/Kareen Abdul Jabbar. Had he stayed in Milwaukee, instead of wanting to jump ship, they could have rivaled the Boston dynasty)

I remember how WCCO TV carried their games on TV long before teams were in LA, and cities like Cincinnati had the Royals, Ft. Wayne was home for the Pistons, and Syracuse, NY was where the Nationals played (Wizards now I believe). They continuously carried a higher rating for their time spot than national broadcasts. They were the toast of the NBA then, as it appears they are now.

Even though I'm a Bucks fan, I'm now rooting for the Lakers. I guess old allegiances die tough.

"Go Lakers! Kick 76er butt!"

Wolf (Still crying over Bucks loss)