To Eddie and Madrid Man, Sorry it took so long to get back to you. While at Segovia we at El Duque and of course you are right. The suckling pig there was fantastic far outshining Botin.Theu also had these giant beans Judeones stewed with bits of pork, blood sausage and tripe that were a meal in themselves. In 1997, my then girlfriend and now wife went to Candido's and had a memorable time. Sitting by t he window looking out at the aquaduct and being greeted by the Master himself. Don Candido was very gracious and extremely friendly to my wife. The fact that she is very beautiful didn't hurt.My wife told him she wanted to steal the picture of Antonio Banderas and him and Don Candido took her to a back room when she came out she had a small sangria jug with the words "Stolen from Meson Candido". My wife and I were saddened when we learned that he died in '89.
I must say that the cochinillo in El Duque was the best I've had.But my mother had it at the Casa Colgada restaurant in Cuenca and that also was excellant. I believe that this cuisine comes from the Cuenca area.
Have you guys ever eaten Cigales. Langostines I believe they are called here.
Expensive as hell, $58.00 for 4 not much meat but what a taste