I'm not really sure where to put this thread, but I'll try here. After a suggestion from MadridMan, I watched the Semana Santa processions live on TV Thursday night and Friday night from Sevilla, courtesy of MadridMan's multimedia page. Despite studying in Spain, I didn't know much about the festivities as I didn't celebrate Semana Santa in Spain (went to a different country) and for some reason I never learned a lot about it since then.

I thought I'd just turn on the coverage for a few minutes on Thursday night (la madrugada de Viernes Santo/Good Friday en Sevilla), but then I was mesmerized! I watched for several hours that night as "La Macarena" left her home church. Last night (Saturday morning for Sevilla) I turned it on again only to sit for awhile longer to see "La Macarena" return to her church.

So, now Semana Santa is on my "must-see" list in Spain. (I'd love to see Las Fallas in Valencia again as it's been many years since I experienced it the first time, but that's an entirely different thread)

If you want to watch some of the coverage of Semana Santa, go to MadridMan\'s multmedia page and scroll down to the television section. I watched on Canal Sur the last two days. I noticed that you can now watch reruns from this entire week, too.

For those of you who celebrate it, Happy Easter! wave