Our experience in Spain was similar...occasional double beds, mostly twins. I agree that the heat makes it nice to have a bed all to myself! You can always "visit" your partner in a twin if you're so inclined...and then slip out and into your own cool sheets.

And just as an aside, my little sister and I found ourselves in a cama de matrimonio in Portugal--in a tiny pension with barely the room for THAT bed!! It was cozy, especially as it sloped toward the center. She grinds her teeth and snores (don't tell her I told you all that!), so I would have done ANYTHING for TWO camas!

And when she and I traveled on to a youth hostel on Ile de Batz, in Brittany (France), we found ourselves in the "twin beds pushed together" situation--but instead of just TWO twins, there were about 10 of them, all in a row, pushed together!! We found ourselves next to three friendly Italian GUYS!! Needless to say, big sis got all protective and made little sis sleep on the end, with me between her and Gianni! It was like a commune...and quite an eye-opener for two American girls in their 20s on a big European trip! (And yes, Gianni and his friends were incredibly handsome, charming, etc....and perfect gentlemen, darn it!) rolleyes

Pleasant dreams, all--
Tara smile

[ 06-14-2001: Message edited by: taravb ]