I don't know if you've ever been to Europe. I haven't been to Spain yet, but my experience in other parts of Europe is that there is so much to see in every direction that you really have to limit yourself or you end up with nothing but burnout. It's hard for me to get up in the morning and try to decide which of 10 different fantastic directions to go in just one day without having a sort of mini nervous breakdown, so I try to limit myself to a realistic schedule ahead of time. Also since customs and everything is different, a lot of things-like hotels, restaurants and finding places and trains often take longer than expected. I've found it works best for me to stay about 3 nights in one place to take in a city and also day trips out and around. For our (first) trip to spain we're planning to fly in and out of Madrid--so we're planing 3 nites in Madrid, 4 nites in Seville, and 3 nites again in Madrid. This should allow time to see these cities and take day side trips to maybe Segovia, Avilla, Ronda and what ever else pops up. This means we'll likely miss Toledo, Granda, Barcelona, etc. and all sorts of other interesting things I keep reading about, but from previous experience I think our days and nites will be very full.