I'm glad you had a good flight. Like I said, the trip TO Spain was fine, it was the way BACK we ran to all the troble. My complaint is more than anything a consumer warning. Same as if you buy a car or house and expect a certain standard of quality, and if its not met, you buy it with a warentee. With airlines, the warentee is built in, but they chose to ignore it. They can only do so, if the consumers allow it. Well, I don't intend to not say anything negative about them and let some other person go through what we did that day. If you buy the ticket knowing that something like this is a possibility, then ok. But I think its only fair people be forwarned. Again, everthing can go 'smooth as pie' and even if something does go wrong, its quite possible that THIS wouldn't happen, but it IS possible.

As far as the code sharing, it has nothing to do with anything. I can assure you I went on an Air Europa plane and I was dealing with Air Europa staff. Like I said, this was August 2001, so if they're not actually flying planes there and have hooked on so Continental takes care of it (a.) THANK GOODNESS and b.) I wonder why?!?!?!!? then that's different. I just want people to know what COULD happen. Its not only important for an airline to get you safely to and from, but how they treat you in the event of some unfortunate event that a consumer should also be aware of. This company has serious customer service and communication issues (communication both within company and with the public) and I let them know. I saved the letters that I wrote and what they sent back to me. There is NO EXCUSE for the treatment they gave us and made no decent effort to satisfy us afterwards.

They are legally obligated to pay for it, but managed to get around it because their offices are in Spain. That's not right. Airlines are obligated to get you to your final destination within certain peramaters due to certain conditions. There is a reason why flights from certain destinations to some places don't have redeyes. THEY choose to fly at that time, and leave us abandoned at the airport.- Earlier that summer, my roomate flew with virgin airlines to london, and they too left 5 hours late, and due to the time, paid for the transportation to her hotel.-- They SHOULD have paid for the taxis for those of us who had to take them, ESPECIALLY due to the time they got us there, if they didn't want to, they should have put us up for the night and returned us to the US at a decent time so we could arrange our own transportation- which would have been at a MUCH more reasonable cost. This too is part of the deal they supposedly have with you when you get your ticket. An airline cannot LEGALLY leave you stranded in an airport for more then x amount of hours and ship you off when they see fit. Upon our arrival, they left us stranded at a deserted airport. We got treated like crap, and no consideration was given for us, or for those who may have been worried about us.